Experteers are independent professionals, and they certainly do not expect to be ‘entertained’ by you all the time in their free time. Having said that, it general it is a good idea to plan for some onboarding time and maybe a social activity during the first week(s) together, as that really helps with bonding and creating buy-in. It also depends on the size of your team - in some cases, it can work great to link the Experteer to other colleagues in the team to encourage outside work activities together such as a common dinner, road trip or site-visit.
Articles in this section
- Do you ‘vet’ all Experteers and matches? How do you ensure quality?
- How do I find and host an Experteer?
- How much time will this take for our staff?
- What are expectations around hosting and how much time goes into spending with the Experteer outside of work?
- What kind of benefits should I provide an Experteer with during the project?
- Where do Experteers come from?