Most likely! Most other sites charge people to volunteer, which is often called “voluntourism”. Instead, we find opportunities that are free and also provide you benefits, like free places to live and/or free food. On average, our Experteers save over $1,500 per month of international travel, and do meaningful, sustainable, skills-based work while they're at it.
On average, our services save individuals up to $4000/month in comparison to most voluntourism organizations. Here is a more systemic breakdown of costs:
- Airfare - Our Experteers typically purchase their own airfare. This can vary greatly depending where you go
- Lodging - We try and get our local partners to provide you free accommodation. Every organizations is a little different, but with your skills, I'd hope we'd be able to find you a free place, if not something very economical
- MovingWorlds membership - $125 or $300 - if you work with us, you will NOT pay additional program fees with any of our partners
- Food - this can also depend on your hosting organization, as well as your own preferences.
- Transport - varies greatly by country, but typically a little on airport days, and then pretty minimal daily fares
- Visas & Health Insurance - these also depend on where you go and when you go. You can see prices here.